Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wallpaper Obsession

I am so incredibly happy that wallpaper is making a comeback in the design world. While it never went out of style in high-end design, it is certainly seeing a resurgence in everyday design.  I have always loved wallpaper (actually all paper products).  Paper can bring so much depth to a space and really make a room come alive.  Now that I have my own home, I have become obsessed with selecting the perfect papers for a number of spaces.  I would paper every square inch of wall space in my house if money were no object!   

So far we have wallpapered the foyer in a grasscloth and the dining room in a floral chinoiserie print.  We just finished re-tiling the powder room floor in a black and white marble, so now I'm on the hunt for a powder room paper. I really want a bold and bright pattern to offset the black and white floor.  Here are some inspiration pics.   



I love the black and white checked floor! Placing it with the organic red wall paper never would have crossed my mind but I think the white balances out the contrast they create. Looks really cool!



Elizabeth Dinkel - De Gournay and black and white tile



gorgeous foyer



And here are a few wallpapers that I'm considering. 





I can never say no to bamboo!




I love the chinoiserie and bright color.  I would choose the pink version of this paper, which is just as stunning.



I believe this is actually a fabric, and I love everything about this powder room.  The bamboo mirror and pop of color from the orchid are perfection.  




We have many blue and white elements in our home so these colors would pull everything together.  I adore the toile meets tropical vibe.

There are the wallpapers I'm swooning over today, but tomorrow I will probably like a whole different crop!  There are many others that I admire on my "Wallpaper Love" Pinterest board.  I would love to hear your suggestions, so please leave a comment below!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...